Monday, October 12, 2015

How I lost 47 pounds!! My experience.


                        "Choosing a Diet plan"


Weight loss is a process, and maintaining your weight loss is your final goal. Diet, health and fitness are your responsibility. The following information is designed to provide healthy eating suggestions based upon my personal experience in my weight loss journey. I'm NOT in any way a nutritionist or professional, I could simply tell you what worked for me.

Choosing the correct weight loss plan or dietary supplement can be really tricky when it comes to catchy phrases outside the box. Thats why I decided to make this blog to share with women and men my personal experience, and to show you tips of what help me lose 47 pounds.

I remember while suffering from obesity at a very young age i felt so unhappy and after I had my 5 kids i got even more heavy. I also remember going up on a scale and reaching 189 lbs at my heaviest! I felt like such a loser, I would always cry when it came to trying on nice clothes when shopping, clothes never fit right. With time i began drinking medication for my severe depression and I would eat alot due to anxiety. I remember trying so many different dangerous pills to lose weight but I never found anything that could help me lose the weight and keeping it for good! Until I came across this amazing weight loss program,"Herbalife Nutrition " is absolutely amazing! and what's most important its completely 100% Natural! No caffeine! No jitteriness & No rebound!



             "How to start monitoring what you eat"


I recommend you start tracking your food intake if you aren't already. I know that is not fun to do, but from my experience, it is too easy to "forget" the amounts we eat, but your body never forgets.
Eating every 3 hours in moderate portions up to 5 times a day can be the key to losing weight rapidly. Planning and or preparing meals ahead of time is the best thing you can do so you don't end up eating fast food last minute.


                     "How to start a fresh start"

Look out for Sugars and salts that can be found in foods or drinks. When shopping for food, make sure to read the ingredient labels carefully to avoid ingesting hidden sugar & sodium.


 "Cultural pitfalls"
As a Latina we have many cultural foods in our heritage most of them are filled with carbohydrates, and just to name a few; tortillas, rice, beans, potatoes and sweet breads. Now that can be tempting! You don't have to give up on  your favorite food, as long as you do it in a moderate way.



                     "Choosing healthy foods"
       It's all based upon the healthy food pyramid


  • Make smart choices from every food group
  • Find balance between food and physical activity
  • Get the most nutrition out of calories
  • Stay within daily calorie needs

The best way to remember healthier eating is making new eating habits, don't think of it as a diet, think of it as a way of changing the way you eat, and changing your old eating habits.


I like to use the 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 method
5- 1/2 cup servings of fruit and vegetables per day
4- servings of legumes, nuts or seeds per week
3- daily servings of low fat cheese,
2- servings of fish per week
1- multivitamins daily

                              "Physical activity"
This simply means movements of the body that uses your energy. You can perhaps get involved with some groups of people wanting to achieve the same goal as you, for example there is Zumba, this give you a boost on motivation. Some of us don't have time, but we simply have to make time, remember you must be dedicated  and try your best! I know there's work, school, throughout the day but you can find some time to go walking, jogging, pushing a baby stroller, climbing stairs, playing soccer, dancing, swimming, bicycling, and hiking.


  1. Running (5-6 miles an hour)
  2. Bicycling (fast 10-15 miles per hour)
  3. Swimming (free style laps)
  4. Aerobics
  5. Speed walking & stroller pushing (4 miles per hour)












1 comment:

  1. With bistroMD you will know that you will not only eat tasty meals, but that every entree and every day in bistroMD's weight loss programs will be balanced to bistroMD's designed nutritional platform to promote an healthy diet.

    STEP 1 - Choose one of the diet plans for 5 to 7 days of entrees.
    STEP 2 - See your menu before ordering and choose the meals you would like for each day and week.
    STEP 3 - Order your diet program online.
    STEP 4 - Your entrees are delivered to your door.

    GET STARTED NOW - home delivery.

    ReplyDelete